Sunday, March 28, 2010

More beer. No, really, a lot more beer.

Well, it seems that last blog post started something... Because I've been on fire with beer stuff ever since. Many developments, including...

The amber. I backed off my assertion I was making an alt-style and went instead with something that is supposed to be closer to Anderson Valley Boont Amber. I drank half a six-pack of Alaskan Amber and was forced to admit I just plain don't like it. At least I like Boont Amber, even if I don't usually choose it when I'm out. I did it sort of off the cuff, with hops I had on hand and a fairly simple grain bill. My last extract brew? Perhaps... Anyway, it's got another week of secondary before it's going in the keg and the kegerator for conditioning.

More importantly, I received a critical text last Tuesday night - yes, my friend was bringing over the all-grain gear. Huzzah! I spent today washing everything up, getting it ready... Cleanliness is next to godliness, I think we can all agree... Anyway... I bought all the grain I need... I'm ready to jump in next weekend. Gotta figure out how to operate the grain mill, the sparge arm, the plate chiller.

Oy, don't be intimidated... Don't be intimidated...

Cheers!

In the glass: Stone Arrogant Bastard. Like me!
In the fridge: Eel River Organic IPA / Alaskan Amber I don't want
In the fermenter: The amber
In the kegerator: Did I mention it's a keg of Arrogant Bastard? Oh yeah. And the Racer 5 clone is conditioning.

No comments: